Digital Marketing Junior (SEO/SEM) - Grad Role
Salary: $60k - $66k inc Superannuation
Location: Woolloongabba, Brisbane
We are your friendly neighbourhood Shopify experts! We are a creative digital agency based in Brisbane, bringing together a team of digital professionals passionate about crafting success stories for our clients. Our Woolloongabba studio is a hub of creativity, where designers, developers, strategists, digital marketers, and project managers collaborate to make our clients' ecommerce businesses thrive.
About the Role:
Ready to kick-start your career as a Digital Marketing Specialist with a focus on SEO and SEM? We're looking for a dynamic, entry-level talent to join our team. As a Junior Digital Marketing Specialist, you will be guided and trained by our experienced Digital Marketing team. If you're a recent graduate with a degree in Marketing or Business and have had exposure to SEO or SEM through internships or general experience in Digital Marketing, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow in a vibrant agency environment.
You’ll be working alongside our Head of Digital Marketing, fellow Digital Marketers, and be well supported by our team of Digital Project Managers. Here is what you’ll be learning to do:
- Collaborate with our Digital Marketing team to execute SEO and SEM strategies, including on-page SEO, technical SEO, and Google Ads campaign management.
- Support in optimising website and digital marketing performance to achieve our digital marketing strategy objectives.
- Analyse and interpret data using tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and specialised SEO tools to track campaign effectiveness.
- Contribute to optimisation opportunities in SEO and SEM to enhance organic traffic and improve search engine rankings or ad results.
- Assist in creating performance reports that translate complex SEO and SEM metrics into actionable insights for our internal team and clients.
What we’re looking for:
- Google Ads skills
You’ll be trained and mentored, however, at a minimum you’ve had a go at setting up a Google ads account or optimised an account or two through an internship, freelance contract or for a side hobby business and feel comfortable navigating around the Google ads platform. Your key responsibility will be to translate platform-specific jargon into understandable insights or actionable tasks for both the internal team and clients.
- SEO skills
You’ll be trained and mentored, however, at a minimum you understand core SEO principles and fundamentals from keywords, on-page SEO, off-page SEO and technical SEO, and understand the purpose of each pillar of SEO and how it affects search rankings. You will have exposure to SEO through an internship, freelance contract or for a side hobby business and feel comfortable with various SEO tools including Google Search Console and specialised SEO tools and software. Your key responsibility will be to translate platform-specific jargon into understandable insights or actionable tasks for both the internal team and clients.
- Initiative, eagerness to learn and do
We’re in growth mode so we need you to learn on the go, put your hand up and run with it. Initiative? We LOVE it.
- Emotional intelligence
Our marketing clients range from fashion and workwear to art supplies and galleries so you’ll need to be able to adjust quickly to a diverse range of products & styles etc
- Great communications skills and a team player
You’ll need to be able to write and speak very well and you excel at taking instructions from Project Managers and relevant team members and Managers to execute SEO and SEM strategies devised by the team.
- Business savvy
You’ll be helping to make our clients successful and are thoughtful that our clients are looking for their ROI by engaging with our services.
- Juggling skills
You’ll need to be a truly organised and action oriented person.
- Up to date digital knowledge
You’ll need to keep abreast of the changing digital landscape e.g. ecommerce trends, google and the whole world of SEO, algorithms etc.
- Data and analytical skills
You’re either great at mathematics and can easily put together graphs and spreadsheets, or love to digging for information and data to interpret performance results and forecast future results based on trends and patterns.
What are are offering
- Salary between $60k to $66k including superannuation depending on experience.
- Flexible working hours during the day.
- Work from Home Wednesdays.
- Great work environment - cool studio in the heart of Woolloongabba.
- Barista quality coffee machine.
- Lots of opportunity for personal development as the business grows.
- BA for Good program (paid time to work for good causes).
- In-house and external training opportunities.
- Opportunity to attend events, conferences and meetups.
- Regular social events.
- Monthly team lunch.
- Experience with Shopify and WordPress platforms for SEO and SEM.
- Experience in web design, development, email marketing, PPC, SMM, and content creation.
How to Apply:
If you're eager to work in a collaborative environment, stay on top of industry trends, and constantly upskill, we'd love to welcome you to our creative team! Ready to start your journey with us? (IMPORTANT PART)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line - Digital Marketing Junior (SEO/SEM) application - your name
- Attach your resume
- Attach a cover letter which specifically addresses this ad and how your skills and experience marry up with the Essential Skills and What we’re Looking For sections. This is a deal breaker - we need you to be able to follow instructions!